Sign-in with your pilot id or email, or register

CP Air Discussion Board

Main Search Team

Main Forum » CP Air Virtual General Discussion » CP Air ACARS (vs FS ACARS)

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: CP Air ACARS (vs FS ACARS) (Read 32 times)
Daniel Lopez
New Hire

Total Posts: 5
Posted at: 2019-05-02 04:48:32

Hello,

First, a big hello to all.  

I flew a fair bit on CP as a kid and teenager, so this VA means a lot.  I can't fly a lot due to having small kids and a demanding job - but will try as best I can.

My question is around the standard CP Air ACARS programme I downloaded off the Pilot center, vs the various other flight tracking progammes out there.  From the handbook, it appears I need only one, is that it?  In other words, if I just download and install the CP Air ACARS, that's it, I don't also need to get FS ACARS or any of the others?

thanks,

DL (CPC 2186)

Last updated by Daniel Lopez on 2019-05-02 04:48:54 (typo).

Bruce Wood
Administrator
Senior Captain
No Avatar
Total Posts: 523
Posted at: 2019-05-02 14:08:14

Yes, that is correct.  Just install and enter the settings and connect to the server and to flightsim and away you go smiley  If you have any issues or other questions, let me know.

Daniel Lopez
New Hire

Posted at: 2019-05-05 05:23:56

Great - thanks!

I'll be freeing up some time in the next 2-3 days to do my first flight (already bid on).

dl

Bruce Wood
Administrator
Senior Captain
No Avatar
Posted at: 2019-05-05 11:13:39

The bids only last for so long, but they are never not available; you can enter bids at the last minute, so they are always available smiley

Daniel Lopez
New Hire

Posted at: 2019-05-13 04:17:19

Thanks all.  Put in 2 legs.  The CP AIR ACARS, is easy to use, works perfectly and makes logging easy.  Once I figured out the order, it was easy peasy.

What a great system.

Except that now I'm stuck in Edmonton ... lol  

Thanks to Bruce et al - this is a lot of fun.

dl

Bruce Wood
Administrator
Senior Captain
No Avatar
Posted at: 2019-05-13 19:59:55

Thanks Daniel.  You can always "buy" a jumpseat ticket; if you have the cash wink

Daniel Lopez
New Hire

Posted at: 2019-05-13 22:58:45

Thanks to you, Bruce for all your hard work.

That's more of an personal/inside joke as a native Calgarian, being necessarily predisposed to not like Edmonton!cheeky  

Actually, having flown (on business, not as pilot) the YEG->YVR leg countless times, it's nice flight, especially crossing the Rockies during early sunset.  If there's an open bid for late afternoon flight, I look forward to recreating those legs from the cockpit.

cheers,

dl

Last updated by Daniel Lopez on 2019-05-13 23:01:22 (typo).

Mark Bradshaw
First Officer

Total Posts: 21
Posted at: 2019-05-29 03:01:42

I was going to say - you are never stuck in Edmonton! Its a great place.

But seeing as you are from down there...theres no accounting for lack of taste.  lol

Hopefully we can meet up for a flight 

Blue skies Danny

Pages: [1]